When you marry the person you fell in love with, the last thing you want to think about is the possibility of falling out of love with that person or vice versa. Unfortunately, it is a very common thing for couples to fall out of love in a marriage. But here's the good news: couples who do fall out of love can very much fall back in love with a little bit effort. Let us share with you 7 ways you could spice things up again and make your marriage into the one you use to dream about before you said, "I do".
1. Take a more realistic look on romance Romance does not happen out of thin air. It requires effort. You cannot wait until you feel more loving before you start being more loving. Don't just complain that the grass is greener on the other side. If your grass is not green, then it's time to take better care of it!
2. Make your marriage your top priority Marriage is hard work. However, a lot of couples do not put as much effort into making it better as much as they do with their jobs or even with their kids. Marriage is the foundation for all things to flourish.
3. Make it a commitment to date your spouse Set aside a regular date night, even if it means paying for a babysitter. The world is full of things to do and places to go where you can have fun together. You don't have to wait for your spouse to initiate it. You can make the first move.
4. Show affection through your words and actions Don't be afraid to use your creativity and imagination when it comes to showing affection. You could write your spouse a love letter or give them a massage – anything that you know your spouse would appreciate. Do whatever it takes to let your partner know just how much they mean to you.
5. Remind yourself of why you fell in love in the first place Make a list of qualities that originally drew you to your spouse. You chose them for a good reason; you may just need to remind yourself why.
6. Talk to each other about intimate subjects Intimate talk is allowing your spouse to hear about parts of your emotions and thinking that no one else gets to hear. It means sharing things, which are very personal and meaningful. This is one of the things that help to build love – trusting your spouse with something that you would not tell share with the rest of the world.
7. Plan future things you both can look forward to Remember the time you both got engaged and how excited you were to about the future together? Well, now that the ring is on your finger, it's about time to make other future plans. Plan a holiday away together or a weekend trip outside of the city. It doesn't have to be anything fancy or big, just enough to get you both excited about sharing the future again.