2017 Singapore Wedding Trends Report by Bridestory

by Bridestory [[ 1487037600000 | amDateFormat:'ll | HH:mm' ]] in Wedding Ideas  

Colors:


  • 2017 Singapore Wedding Trends Report By Bridestory - 001

Singaporean brides-to-be, we've got something special for you today. Our very first Singapore Wedding Trends Report is out, and we believe that you can use it as a guide for planning your upcoming celebration. To give you accurate and relevant information, we asked 1,500 brides and grooms in the country to share details about their wedding planning. See their answers below!

Based on our survey, most couples in Singapore will look for an auspicious wedding date once they decide to get married. September to December are the busiest months (66%), with December being the most popular time to throw a wedding party.


In terms of budget, the biggest portion of the couple's spending goes towards the venue and catering, followed by the pre-wedding photo shoot as well as wedding day photography and videography.


About 86.5% of engaged couples pay for their wedding themselves and manage to stick to their budgets at the end of the day. It's not surprising that brides are the primary decision-makers (69.6%) during their wedding planning.


Most Singaporean brides and grooms prefer getting married within the country (89.5%), while the rest choose to throw a destination wedding (10.5%) in romantic locations such as Bali, Tagaytay, Boracay, and Phuket. Many wedding guests are invited by means of e-invitations (69.2%) first in addition to physical invitations.


Perhaps due to other commitments, the majority of engaged couples spend less than five hours a week to look for wedding vendors. About 50% of that time is spent browsing online. Some of the most important factors they pay attention to are price (38.4%), portfolio (24.3%), and reviews (21.7%) by other couples.


Unlike Indonesian weddings, nuptials in Singapore are mostly held in a sit-down reception (83%) although some do prefer standing parties (17%). It comes as no surprise, then, that two of the most popular wedding venues in Singapore are hotel ballrooms (59.6%) and restaurants or cafés (13.7%). Most couples also hire a wedding planner, stylist, or organizer to help make the celebration of their dreams come true.


To commemorate their special day, many Singaporean couples take pre-wedding photo shoots (84.9%). Some of their favourite spots include outdoor spaces within the country (38.6%) and overseas (25.4%) in countries such as Taiwan, Korea, Indonesia, Japan, and Australia.


Let's move on to the wedding theme! Modern minimalist, green botanical, and rustic come out as the top three picks among engaged couples in Singapore. To complement these themes, the couples' colour preferences range from gold, pink, light blue, and navy blue to classic white.


No matter where they are, saying 'yes' to the dress is a crucial stage in wedding planning for all brides-to-be. For those living in Singapore, ball gowns, mermaid-cut dresses, and A-line styles with strapless, off-the-shoulder, or illusion necklines are the favourite looks. On the other hand, popular styles among grooms include single-breasted tuxedos, strollers, or a full dress tuxedos in black, navy blue, or grey which showcase a classic and dapper look.

There are usually around four to six bridesmaids accompanying the bride on her big day. Popular colours for their dresses include pink, light blue, navy blue, lavender, and turquoise.


There you have it, our collection of wedding trends that you can expect to see often in Singapore this year. Do they suit your dream wedding? Tell us what you think in the comments section below!


Post Your Comment

READ [[ blogCommentsCtrl.commentsCount ]] Comments

[[ comment.createdAt | amDateFormat : 'll | HH:mm' ]]

[[ comment.account.data.accountable.data.displayName ]] [[ comment.account.data.accountable.data.displayName ]]

[[ comment.content ]]