[[ 1477357500000 | amDateFormat:'ll | HH:mm' ]] in
We've all become so accustomed to the sight of bridesmaids in long, flowing gowns of the same color and style. Don't get us wrong, the classic bridesmaid look is a foolproof way to make your squad look harmonious and put-together. But if you're looking for something out-of-the-ordinary, we've got some great ideas below.
Photography: Jill Tiongco
1. Leather jackets Embrace your rock n' roll side and give your bridesmaids leather biker jackets to add some edge to their dresses. Both elegant and chic, this is a look that your bridesmaids and guests will remember for years.
Photography: Jose Villa
2. Different shades, different texture, same theme If you're still unsure about the mismatched bridesmaid dress trend, this look might change your mind. Ask your bridesmaids to experiment with different textures or even colors, as long as they share the same "mood". Take some notes from these bridesmaids, who looked so put-together in different-colored dresses in the same blush and pastel color palette.
Photography: Henry Hargreaves, Trent Bailey
3. Jumpsuits Your bridesmaids don't have to wear dresses; for a fashion-forward look, let them rock jumpsuits instead. Depending on the style, jumpsuits can be relaxed and perfect for a bohemian wedding or sleek and versatile for any other kind of wedding. On top of that, they're also very comfortable to move around in. Your bridesmaids will definitely thank you.
4. Thematic costume Spice up your bridesmaid attires by having your bridesmaids pose in costumes based on a specific theme, like your favorite movie or book. This bride dressed all her bridesmaids in Disney princess costumes for her Disney-inspired wedding!
Photography: Christian Oth Studio
Photography: via Brit.co
5. Patterns We've seen plenty of long dresses for bridesmaids, and even short dresses have become more and more common. Patterned miniskirts in flashy colors, however, we don't see very often. If you're a fun bride who loves to try something different, consider this option. If you still want your bridesmaids to wear dresses, patterned dresses can work as well.
6. Suits Bridesmaids in dresses and skirts make a pretty sight, but you certainly can't resist these non-traditional bridesmaid outfits. For her lavish wedding in Bandung, this bride had her bridesmaids wear gray suits for a boyish-chic look. If want to try this look, make sure to have the suits properly tailored and fitted to your bridesmaids.
Photography: Stephen DeVries
7. Jewel-toned dresses Wedding elements in gem colors are on the rise lately. Why not take some cues from this trend and dress your bridesmaids in burgundy, emerald, and navy? Pair these dresses with bouquets and decorations in similarly deep colors for a regal and luxurious look.
Photography: Ryan Ray
8. Statement necklaces To spice up simple dresses, have your bridesmaids wear statement necklaces in different shapes. This is a clever way to add an interesting twist the classic bridesmaid look, while letting each bridesmaid's personality come through.
Photography: Jarvie Digital Photography
9. Sequins and lace Just because sequins and lace are so commonly used in wedding attires, it doesn't mean that they have to be boring. Why not combine them for an interesting alternative to the usual sequined or lace dress? Ask your bridesmaids to wear sequined tops and lace skirts or vice versa, as pictured above.
10. Colored skirts If you're looking for another two-piece option, have your bridesmaids wear different-colored skirts. This is also on trend right now and will be a comfortable alternative for your bridesmaids. For an extra dreamy feel, opt for tulle skirts.
11. Traditional attires If you're planning a traditional wedding, you must have thought of giving your bridesmaids matching cultural attires. But even if you're throwing an international-style celebration, it's a great idea to add a touch of culture through traditional clothing, fabrics, or accessories.
Photography: Brett Heidebrecht
12. Completely different dresses Who says bridesmaids have to look entirely identical? Have your bridesmaids choose their own dresses and let their personality shine. You'll end up with an array of colorful bridesmaids and wonderful looking pictures as well.
There you have it, the 12 wonderful ways to your bridesmaids. Did you spot an idea that you really like? Tell us in the comment box below!